Penns Personnel are looking to recruit an experienced Receptionist/Administrator to work within a busy GP surgery based in Sutton Coldfield. The position is for 20 – 40 per week Mon – Fri (with flexibility). Full time hours are also available. This is a temporary position for up to six months, to start as soon as possible.
This is a busy role whereby the team deal with in excess of 3,500 calls per week.
- Organise and co-ordinate surgery appointments
- Process hospital referrals, and update medical records.
- Call handling general enquiries to assist the doctors in the provision of accessible, effective and high quality medical services.
- To provide a courteous, confidential and sympathetic reception service to patients and visitors.
- To ensure that clinical appointments are used as efficiently as practicable.
- To maintain computerised/manual medical records and produce repeat prescriptions.
- Ensuring patients who need urgent consultation are seen as soon as practicable and in accordance with Practice Policy.
- Booking in arrivals for doctors, nurses and other members of the Primary Health Care Team and monitoring the flow of patients into consulting and treatment rooms
- Accepting requests for home visits and ambulance transportation
- Checking consulting rooms at the end of each surgery and ensuring their readiness for next session.
Requirements for the Role
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written demonstrated with people at all levels and in all circumstances
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Good level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent
Use of clinical system software e.g. EMIS Web Previous NHS experience ideally within a GP setting
P/T (20 – 30) hours per week
Full time (up to 40 hrs) to cover the following daily shifts:
8.15 am – 12 midday (3.75 hours) and 12.45 pm to 6.45pm (5 hours)
Holiday / Sickness Cover as required
Hourly Rate : £11- £12 per hour.