Penns Personnel are recruiting for a highly successful and valued client based in the centre of Sutton Coldfield. We have three positions ( two within the Grant Assessment Team and one within the Emergency Fuel Team) to join a friendly, supportive team.
· Providing assistance to applicants applying for assistance with their utility bills.
· Receiving and handling telephone calls from applicants and other external contacts, handling or transferring them to the appropriate person.
· Ensuring information is completed accurately and quickly, whilst providing excellent customer service.
· Providing information by telephone and in writing for organisations and applicants regarding individual queries, application processes, grants for organisations and dispatch of relevant application forms.
· Entering data and accurately recording all information taken from paper application forms onto bespoke database.
· Maintaining statistical data as required, recording relevant information and keeping other team members informed on current numbers of applications/budgets/average grants etc. Monitoring applications received and providing data to authorised external agencies.
· Ordering household items from designated suppliers for safe delivery to clients, liaising as requested with clients or their representatives.
· For the Emergency Fuel role you will respond efficiently to email queries regarding fuel vouchers and new partner set-ups. You will also accurately complete daily reports on Excel ensuring voucher requests are issued promptly.
· Relevant experience in an administrative or customer service role.
· Experience with and strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Good attention to detail with the ability to adapt to using new IT systems.
· Empathy and compassion based on life skills with a genuine understanding of vulnerable people in financial crisis or hardship.
· Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
Hours : 9 – 5 Monday to Friday with half and hour lunch
Rate : £9.90 per hour
Contract : Initially 8 weeks with a view to extending further
Office based with some flexibility to work partly from home after training.
Start Date : Immediate