Penns Personnel are delighted to be assisting our prestigious client in their search for an Administrative Support Specialist. We are looking for an experienced candidate who is highly organised and very professional. This role will provide effective and efficient organisational support through the delivery of high quality administrative, HR and financial assistance. You will work closely with all member of the management team, reporting to the Managing Director & Operations Director and providing support at board level.
Office Management and General Administration
- Develop, implement and maintain systems and processes to support the effective organisation and management of the business
- Arrange and co-ordinate meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and manage electronic document storage systems for corporate documents, records and reports.
- Plan and organise corporate events as needed.
- Support the continuation and development of our Investors in People and ISO accreditations
- Support with continuous improvement suggestions and all related communications and feedback on implementation across the business.
- Support the facilitation of SHEQ, management, health & safety & board meetings and to ensure that all minutes of the meetings and actions are communicated to the relevant team members.
- Develop a good understanding of all company policies and procedures for internal products and services and to be able to communicate these to the business ensuring accurate version control is maintained across the controlled document directory.
- Open, prioritise and distribute incoming communications including post and email.
- Co-ordinate the internal reward system and to ensure all benefits for company event invites, birthdays and service awards are managed.
- Support Line Managers in ensuring consistent implementation of all HR processes including probation, appraisal and performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures through the effective co-ordination of documents, note taking at meetings, and guidance on the use of template documentation.
- Maintain and update HR policies, procedures and systems in line with management/HR reviews and advice.
- Oversee the on-boarding of new employees into the business and the company induction programme.
- Maintain the HR information system, to ensure all employee records are complete and up to date ensuring data protection compliance
- Develop management reports to identify and analyse trends and monitor HR KPIs.
- Book and maintain records of training and development needs and all external training and certifications.
- Understand and interpret all company policies and their practical application in order to provide advice and support to all staff.
- Ensure all team members are given a full overview of the company and are made aware of policies and procedures associated with their employment to enable them to perform in their roles.
- Coordinate clocking in and time management systems and support Line Managers with overtime reporting.
- Provide administrative support for the Finance Department undertaking routine financial tasks and processing transactions as required.
- Extensive experience in an office management, administration or PA role, ideally in a warehouse, logistics or manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and maintaining systems and processes to improve business efficiency
- Excellent organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Proficient and confident in the use of all Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent IT skills and ability to distil key facts from complex information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, able to cope under pressure in a busy and fast paced reactive environment.
- Basic understanding of employment law and confidence in advising managers, seeking external advice where needed
- Awareness of latest developments within employment legislation
- Basic understanding of the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Numerate and confident working with numerical data and financial systems
- Previous experience and/or an interest in HR is desirable.
The successful candidate will be self motivated with high levels of initiative and proactivity. Someone who is professional , approachable and a positive role model is needed for this key position.
30 hours split by agreement across the week – some scope for home working by agreement but office attendance will be expected. A flexible approach to work and working hours will be required.
We want to hear from candidates who are fully experienced in an Exec support role. Send your CV today.